The contributors and supporters of Kaleidoscope Butterfly are striving to achieve a community with higher levels of thinking: to support each other with a higher understanding, to teach, share, and encourage growth so that we all might not only survive but also thrive. We believe that true beauty is always there waiting to be realized appreciated and embraced. In Christ, every person should have the freedom to develop their uniqueness independent of expectation,
judgment, condemnation, guilt, shame and burden.

To care beyond yourself and be part of something larger than your “self” is what we consider “true beauty”.







23.2.11

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Well ladies - I have been draggin' my feet for ages to get this temp site up.  "I will do it NO longer!"

Let me open with this: 
I have never met a face that was not beautiful in it's own right - never.  We can pick ourselves apart to the point that I have NO idea how we even walk out of our own houses in the morning.  My gosh  - they way we perceive our sub-par attractiveness we should be part of the traveling circus freak show - not to say that there is anything wrong with that, if you happen to be of the nomadic travelers.

Yet somehow.. someway, we all pick our freakish selves up each day - clean ourselves off, slather, spritz, Spackle a bit of goo here and there, pin back, spray up and put our best foot forward.  Lest you think I am any different than anyone I am ribbing, let me spin you a quick tale.

Many years ago I was going to a new stylist at a salon I had been going to for 20 years. (and yes that was straight from my mothers womb)  My previous stylist had moved on, but never to fear - I knew almost everyone there.  Not being a shy one, I interrupted his "what can we do for you" intro and cut right to the chase with "what he needed to be aware of". 

I started with "I am not fussy about letting you do what you think is best, but I have to lay some ground rules".  He was very intrigued.  "For starters, my hair is baby fine and straight as a board - it only get this way from loads of product and teasing, which I do diligently" "My ears are like dumbo so I do not have a choice on the matter".  "Then there is the issue of my freakishly small head on this incredible long skinny neck - I remind myself of a bud long neck commercial." "You remember the ones with the peoples heads on top of the bottle?" "I have no profile what so ever - so I am basically a neck with hair on top". 

He looked at me with his hands still lightly tousling my hair here and there and with as straight a face as possible he said, "WOW and to think for a minute there I thought you were attractive!"  "Well when you put all the pieces together it's not that unsightly, but each one alone is a bit of an issue" I quipped.

There is a fine line between arrogance, humility and unaesthetic.  Each of us have "the good, the bad and the ugly" days.  But with a little bit of help on bad days we can look better, on ugly days we can at least put a beautiful bright smile on our mug, and on good day...we'll just brush our teeth and floss because heavens know we didn't have the time on the other days! 

So this is the place to get that little bit of help - no strings attached.  We want you to be able to trust us for unbiased information that is free of hoopla, snarkiness or business building. There will be no selling or business building here ~so don't even go there.  This is about others - not self!  If you want to promote something here then you are going to have to give it away "for free". Oh, and by the way that is just what KB is doing for the next quarter.  We are mixing up the whole BOGO world.  It will be ~ Buy One, GIVE One...FREE all quarter long. 

100% of all revenues will be going to give someone else what is purchased - So if you want to get on the BOGO train and give away your stuff... give us a call and we'll help you out!  If you are a shelter, woman in crisis or ministry and want some of what we are giving away just call us - we'll help you out =D
I will be listing the questions asked from the last several years - YEP, years.  So just check back and add your thoughts...or questions and we'll just keep building the archives.

Have a wonderful day my pretties!
Kisses,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share with us all. You comment will be posted shortly

Kaleidoscope Butterfly Team